Briggs Industrial Footwear Ltd is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when conducting business with us by telephone, email or via our website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.Briggs Industrial Footwear Ltd may amend this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any amendments. This policy is effective from 25th May 2018.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
• Name and job title.
• contact information including email address.
• Demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests.
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service for the following reasons:
• Internal record keeping.
• Where requested by you, to provide you with a quotation for any of our products and services.
• To deliver our products and services to you according to our contractual agreement.
• To manage company forecasting, calculation of consumption data and validate invoices.
• To contact you with important information about your account.
• We may use the information to improve our products and services.
• We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
• If you are an existing customer; subject to your marketing preference, or where you have otherwise expressly consented, we’ll send you relevant information about products and services that we think you’d benefit from. This could include information about more cost-effective products that we have identified for you, based on your purchases. This information could be sent to you via delivered by hand, telephone, fax, email or post.
We do not supply your data to third parties for marketing purposes.
• You can opt out of our marketing service at any time by sending an email to GDPR@briggssafetywear.co.uk
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. Briggs Industrial Footwear Ltd have implemented appropriate technical and organisational measures to protect the confidentiality of the personal data that you entrust to us. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information held electronically.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
• If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at GDPR@briggssafetywear.co.uk
We will not distribute your personal information to third parties unless we are required by law to do so.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to Briggs Industrial Footwear Limited, 430 Thurmaston Boulevard, Leicester. LE4 9LE.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
You are also entitled to the following additional rights under the GDPR. These rights will become effective after 25th May 2018.
You have the right to request that we erase your personal data on the following grounds:
• Your personal data is no longer necessary in relation to the purpose for which it was collected.
You have the right to request a copy of personal data you have provided to us in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format, so that you can transmit this to another organisation.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Briggs Safetywear Ltd is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.